The Evolution of The Knot
A website redesign can be a real game-changer for any online wedding business. And with the average lifespan of a well-designed website being 4 to 7 years, it's usually a topic on many of a business owner's mind.
The goal of a redesign is to give your intended audience a fresh, up-to-date representation of your brand and bridal services while improving things such as navigation, mobile friendliness and ease of use. It also allows you the chance to add modern design elements to tell help tell your story.
As the New Year approaches, many wedding business owners will be inspired to undergo a website redesign, so I thought it would be fun to take a look at the world's most popular wedding resource, The Knot, and see how they have successfully adapted their look and feel over the years to appeal to newly engaged brides and grooms.
As your business evolves, so should your website. Keep that in mind as we enter 2017.
All screenshots were found via Archive.org.
Thinking about redesigning your website?
Before you commit to changing your website design, ask yourself the 7 questions before getting started.
- What is your overall business goal and how have your offerings changed over the past few years?
- Does your current website instill trust and confidence in your wedding business or brand?
- Will your redesign be a complete structural overhaul, or just a design change?
- What do you like about your competitor's existing website?
- What are any obvious problems with your site functionality?
- Does your website attract the right clients with the right budgets?
- How can SEO be improved? What is your current score?